Decaffeinated Coffee

Decaffeinated Coffee
I have always been addicted to coffee and when I got pregnant I was told to limit my intake of this beverage by my physician. That’s when I decided to drink decaffeinated coffee.

So, almost halfway through my pregnancy, there was some show on television that looked into whether the decaffeinated coffee you order from different places was in point of fact free of caffeine. Now, I know that decaffeinated coffee has some traces of caffeine and is not totally void of the substance. Conversely, I did suppose that I was not getting quantities close to that of caffeinated coffee. But you know what they found? That at quite a few places, actually nearly sixty percent of the time, the caffeine levels in decaffeinated coffee was very comparable to those of normal brew. Numerous times it was owing to cross brewing or machines that were not carefully cleaned before the next pot was brewed. Now, in the majority of situations that does not actually have an effect on anything. On the other hand, in situations where medical conditions might subsist this is totally unacceptable.

Dunkin Donuts is my backing for when I am out of decaffeinated and I in reality need a cup of coffee in the evening. Their decaffeinated coffee tastes precisely like their standard coffee, except that it is not full with caffeine and will do nothing to stimulate my nervous system. I’ve even ventured into decaf iced coffee when it is too hot to drink regular coffee and I want something good to drink at night.

Even should these factors increase the amount of caffeine, your decaf coffee will still have far less than the caffeine per cup in regular coffee. It will even have less caffeine than some 1-ounce servings of chocolate.

As an avid coffee drinker, I never understood the reason behind decaffeinated coffee. Honestly, you drink coffee for the caffeine shot! Why on earth would you ever want decaffeinated coffee, doesn’t it just defeat the purpose of the whole drink? I at last was shown the light as to why this slush called decaffeinated coffee exists, and it was to maintain me with some sort of treat during my pregnancy. I found out very quickly that I did take pleasure in the flavor of coffee, and I wasn’t just drinking it for the caffeine fix.

Decaffeinated coffee is the act of removing caffeine from coffee beans, mate, cocoa, tea leaves and other caffeine-containing materials. (While caffeine-free soft drinks are occasionally referred to as "decaffeinated," some are better termed "uncaffeinated": prepared by simply leaving out caffeine from production.)

In the case of coffee, a variety of methods can be used. The process is typically performed on unroasted (green) beans, and starts with steaming of the beans. They are then cleaned with a solvent that contains as much of the chemical composition of coffee as possible without also containing the caffeine in a soluble form. The process is repeated anywhere from 8 to 12 times until it meets either the international standard of having removed 97% of the caffeine in the beans or the EU standard of having the beans 99.9% caffeine free by mass. Coffee contains over 400 chemicals important to the taste and aroma of the final drink; this makes it difficult to remove only caffeine while leaving the other chemicals at their original concentrations.

The taste of regular coffee and decaffeinated coffee is so alike that I occasionally worry when I go to a coffee shop and ask for a decaf, that they will give me regular by mistake. By having a supply of my own decaffeinated coffee at home, I can get rid of this likely human error that will wipe out my sleep at night. I also worry sometimes that when I need a regular coffee in the morning to wake up that the barista at Starbucks will incorrectly give me decaf, and then I’ve spent a whole four dollars on something that will wake me up about as efficiently as a glass of water. Whatever the case, I adore coffee.

Decaf is no longer a unclean statement in the coffee world. Well... not at least for our gourmet beans. We pay the additional cash to ensure our decaf coffees are taken care of gently, leaving a majority of the bean flavoring compounds untouched. You've got choices here. You can go with our traditional high grade coffee decafs (labeled just as Decaf) that have been specifically treated with a water-steam pressure to strip away chemical solvents or our 100% chemical free processed decafs (labeled as Swiss Water or Organic). All of our decaffeinated coffee is processed to be 99.7% caffeine free.

Like most Americans, I am grateful for a good cup of coffee in the morning. In point of fact, I am grateful for a good cup of coffee at any time of the day and sometimes I find myself longing for the taste in the evening after dinner as well. It depends on how your body responds to caffeine that will decide whether you should drink it at night or if it will keep you up until all hours, staring at the clock and unable to fall asleep. I fall into the second group, because I am very sensitive to caffeine, and even a caffeinated soda can keep me up for hours past my bedtime if I drink it in the evening. This is why I always keep decaffeinated coffee in my house. If there is ever an after dinner coffee emergency, I can make myself a pot of coffee without worrying about being up all night.
Lets Share This!